This is a historic time for our region, the United States, and the world. COVID-19 vaccinations have been developed and are being distributed as part of Operation Warp Speed. Getting a vaccination will help stop the spread of COVID-19 and help get everyone back to doing what they love.
The COVID-19 vaccine will be covered as a preventive service at no cost in 2021 to UPMC Health Plan members, no matter where they go.
- Members can get information about when they can expect to get the vaccine by visiting our website at upmchealthplan.com/covid-19/ or they can call their Health Care Concierge team a call at the phone number on the back of their member ID card.
- You can also learn more about who should get the vaccine, the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, the government’s plan for vaccination, and what to expect when you get the vaccine by visiting these sites.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is recommended for most healthy adults. Members that have questions or feel unsure about the vaccine should talk to their doctor to help them decide if getting the COVID-19 vaccine is right for them.
- UPMC Health Plan members will have a $0 copay for both doses, no matter where they get the vaccine.**
UPMC Health Plan members also have access to COVID-19 testing and in-network treatment at no cost
- $0 copay for needed COVID-19 diagnostic testing when ordered by a licensed provider.
- From now through Feb. 28,* we’re waiving all deductibles, coinsurance and copays for in-network, inpatient COVID-19 treatment.
Access to no-cost medical care and advice from the safety of home
- From now through Feb. 28,* members have a $0 copay for UPMC AnywhereCare and telehealth visits with primary care, specialist, and behavioral health providers.
- Members can use our UPMC MyHealth 24/7 Nurse Line to get support and advice at no cost on a wide range of health issues, including coronavirus, from registered nurses
If you have any questions, please contact your broker manager.
Thank you for your support for our UPMC for Life plans!
UPMC for Life Brokerage Team
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL OR FORWARD TO A BENEFICIARY. Emails sent to this email address, will not receive a response. If you have questions or need additional information, contact your broker manager.
*Date will be effective so long as permitted under the current state and federal emergency declarations.
**Coverage applies to FDA-authorized vaccines administered in the United States.