SEP: Dual-Eligible & LIS and General SEP Reminders
Attention Valued Partner,
A Special Enrollment Period (SEP) is a period outside of the ICEP, AEP or MA OEP when beneficiaries can enroll, based solely on life events that cause an valid SEP.
Dual-Eligible & LIS Eligible Member 4th Quarter Reminders:
- Dual-eligible and LIS beneficiaries that are not at-risk may use the SEP once per each of the first three calendar quarters only.
- This SEP may not be used in the 4th quarter of the year (October – December).
- In the 4th Quarter, AEP is the only valid enrollment period.
- Any plan changes/enrollments requested in the 4th quarter must be made during AEP and no later than December 7th.
- Please note that October 1 – October 15 and December 8 – December 31 there is no available LIS SEP. Beneficiaries will ONLY be able to follow the standard AEP timeframe for making plan changes during the 4th quarter (October 15 – December 7) and their effective date will be January 1, 2021.
General SEP Reminders:
- Enrollment applications must be filled out correctly and completely, including any applicable SEP code.
- Don't forget to note an applicable SEP on electronic enrollments.
- For paper applications, be sure to note the applicable SEP on page 6.
- For emergency and disaster declarations, be sure to either select option 18 indicating a natural disaster OR option 19 and write “Severe Weather” – WARNING! Only select one election type
As always, thank you for your partnership.
WellCare is a wholly owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation.